Ideas for engaging twitter:
- Post on weekends. People are 17% more likely to be on and responding to things on weekends.
- Tweet with image links and get double the engagement. People like pictures and videos, use that.
- Ask a question. Do this with relevant tags, key phrases, or hashtags and it’s even better.
- Join Twitter chats. Twitter chats are when a whole bunch of people tweet a conversation regarding one topic (usually with a special event hashtag). This works best when replying directly or retweeting or quote tweeting.
- Respond to everyone. If anyone so much as blinks at you, make sure they know you saw it!
- Pick a community. Don’t try to tweet to sport fans, and politics people, and those interested in the post-modern impressionist French Art movement. It won’t work.
- Ask for retweets. When specifically asked to retweet (with whole word spelling) the retweet rate is 23x higher.
- Link to stuff. People like links and clicking through. It makes them feel cool. 92% of engagement is with link tweets.
- Tweet while people are at work. People like to procrastinate and such. Give them something to look at while on their lunch break, or a mental-break from work.
- Shorter the better.